Nov 17, 2018
ACRT 267 Advanced Refinishing4 credits
In this hands-on course students prep, refinish, and detail customer vehicles.
Prerequisites: ACRT 226 , ACRT 236 , ACRT 246 , ACRT 256 .
Corequisites: ACRT 265 , ACRT 266 , ACRT 268 .
Quarters Offered: All
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Apply prep, refinish, and detailing skills learned in previous quarters to customer vehicles in a body shop environment
- Apply primer coats, sealers, base coats, and clear coats
- Apply solid color, pearls, tri-coats, and metallic paints
- Apply single stage paints
- Spray vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Blend into adjacent panels
- Mix, match, tint, and measure paint materials
- Create let-down panels and spray-out cards
- Use manual and electronic color directories
- Find color codes on vehicles
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures