Apr 20, 2018
ACRT 156 Estimating/Shop Management
This course focuses on learning how to estimate the cost to repair damage using the estimating systems found in the industry. It also covers technology and procedures used to manage a shop.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 145 , ACRT 245 , ACRT 245, or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Spring
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Create an electronic estimate
- Order parts used for repair
- Interact with sublet relationships
- Track and maintain equipment, tools, and supplies
- Implement basic lean processing techniques
- Interact professionally with customers
- Interact professionally with insurance companies
- List the different types of jobs available in the industry
- Create and maintain a safe & efficient shop
- Follow general shop, material, and personal safety procedures
- Read and interpret Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Correctly label hazardous materials
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures