Apr 20, 2018
ACRT 145 Metal Panel Repair4 credits
This intensively hands on course focuses on assessing metal panel damage and teaches numerous metal straightening techniques.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 146 , ACRT 245 , ACRT 246 , or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Winter
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify different types of metals and understand their differences
- Analyze sheet metal damage
- Rough straighten metal
- Final straighten metal
- Use different hammer and dolly techniques
- Straighten dents with spoons
- Shrink and stretch metal and perform other stress relieving techniques
- Use a spot weld dent puller and weld on pin dent puller
- Perform basic paintless dent repair techniques
- Use other common types of equipment, hand tools, and supplies
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures