Oct 22, 2018
ACRT 136 Measuring & Realignment Procedures4 credits
This course focuses on the use of measuring and frame straightening equipment to properly straighten unibody and frame vehicles.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 135 , ACRT 235 , and ACRT 236 , or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Fall
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Interpret body dimension information and locate key reference points on a vehicle, using online body dimension manual and electronic measuring program
- Explain the importance of datum line plane, body zero line plane, and centerline plane
- Use measuring gauges
- Explain the major differences between body-over-frame and unibody vehicle design
- Indentify types of vehicle damage including diamond, side-sway, sag, mash, and twist
- Identify and operate various types of straightening equipment
- Plan and execute a pulling sequence
- Set up straightening equipment
- Rack and anchor a vehicle
- Use other common types of shop equipment and hand tools
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures