Aug 20, 2018
ACRT 126 Surface Preparation, Masking & Detailing4 credits
This course focuses on the procedures necessary to prepare surfaces for paint, mask off areas not painted, and perform professional final detailing.
Prerequisites: TRAN 110 , TRAN 112 , TRAN 113 , and TRAN 125 , or instructor permission.
Corequisites: ACRT 125 , ACRT 225 , and ACRT 226 , or instructor permission.
Quarters Offered: Summer
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Evaluate surface conditions
- Remove and feather existing paint
- Prepare bare metal for paint
- Prepare adjacent panels for blending
- Final sand surfaces
- Clean surfaces
- Color sand new paint
- Buff and polish surfaces
- Use various masking supplies & techniques
- Clean, detail, and care for new finishes
- Use other common types of paint shop equipment, hand tools & supplies
- Comply with hazardous material laws and processes
- Apply the knowledge of safety laws and common sense safety procedures